..It's a journey after all.. : Food and Travel Blog based in Jakarta: Foster The People!

Thursday 12 January 2012

Foster The People!

Yesterday, I finally went to Foster The People's concert in Jakarta... I didn't eat anything the whole day except for a bowl of oatmeal and yogurt.. Yeah, that sounds pretty disgusting, but I'm trying to eat healthy and I just thought of a quick way of consuming two healthy things at once.. It's not that bad..

After striding between Jakarta's awful traffic, I managed to go to FX and ate a decent meal with Ivan before going inside Tennis Indoor Senayan, where the concert was held. I was acting like a bipolar hungry bitch.. It was horrifying (well, at least for Ivan ;p)

Next thing I knew, Hanny and CJ was queuing to get inside, so we went straight to where she was (hell yeah for not queuing from way wayyy behind). I met surprisingly a lot of people inside.. Picture time..


Before it started, met up with my lovely senior, Renata. The two girls on the right side are lidia's cousins. Devy and Deby..


Hanny and Me being silly in the middle of the concert


 How epic me posing with Mike's face when he looks like he wanna dump a poo


Foster The People behind thereeee


CJ lurking at his own girl


This was before the arena was filled with people


CJ and Hanny


Trio Picture Time


EPIC EPIC EPICCCCCC


I was just being silly


Lidia took this pic when she was sitting down cause we have no clue what song they were singing


Ivan kept taking pics of me from this side of the view.. My nose looked so pointy I LOVE IT!





Don't judge me. I tend to dance crazy nonstop at concerts..

You know, when most girls would feel the world to own a new bag, a new pair of shoes or a new dress, well, going to concerts is my new bag, new pair of shoes and new dress. I LOVE the feeling of watching bands or singers performing live. I can see how inspired they are and they inspire me somehow in return.

The whole night, I was laughing, jumping, dancing, singing, screaming. For that one and a half hour I feel so sparked up as if a life-sized energizer just boosted up my energy. Going to concerts is my Balenciaga, dancing to the live music is my Bottega, enjoying it with the people I love is my Hermes..

Maybe some people wouldn't understand the thrill I felt. But it's okay. This is my muse. It makes me happy  and grateful just to be there. It's okay when others don't get it, that's what makes it special..

All I know is, I am 20 years old and in the right time of my life to be having fun doing these kinds of things, acting like a complete fool in it, appreciating simple things in life, and just simply be grateful for being so ALIVE..

A chorus from the song "waste" that inspired me the most that night. It's about getting your ass up and achieving the things that you really are passionate about or just staying where you are with no change..
"And every day that you want to waste, that you want to waste, you can
And every day that you want to wake up, that you want to wake, you can
And every day that you want to change, that you want to change, yeah
I'll help you see it through 'cause I just really want to be with you"

No comments:

Post a Comment