..It's a journey after all.. : Food and Travel Blog based in Jakarta: Pretty Much the REAL DEAL! Ramen Santouka!

Monday 2 July 2012

Pretty Much the REAL DEAL! Ramen Santouka!

Yep.. for you all Ramen Lovers! This is pretty much the real deal! Hokkaido Ramen Santouka has opened an official branch in Jakarta..

To skip my blabbering, let me just tell you that IT IS SO FREAKIN DELICIOUS THAT WHEN I TOOK THE FIRST SIP I SMILE FOOLISHLY OUT OF HAPPINESS CAUSE I AM THAT BLESSED TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY A SUPER DELICIOUS MEAL!

There.. I really did smile and the next thing I said was  "Oh my God! This so yummy! You gotta try this!" Yep, I love to share the joy of enjoying good food to my loved ones.. I was there with my big sis.. We were not that hungry, so we only ordered one medium set of Ramen and shared it..

I have been avoiding myself to eat any sorts of noodles, but I don't regret one bit of sweeping this one clean and spotless.. spotless.. let me repeat that.. spotless..

The place is quite small.. That's why so many people are willing to line up for quite some time to get a bowl of their ramen. When we got here, it was 5 p.m so the place wasn't that packed.. Many Japanese expats dine alone..I really think they should expand their place..

my date for the day

They have three types of broth.. The most favorite one is Shio Ramen (Salt flavor). I guarantee you it tastes way more than just salt.. To get more info on the broths click HERE to get to their official website
They come in three sizes.. So you can adjust your meal.. Mind the reflection of LV.. 
This is the set. It comes with chawan mushi, pork fried rice and the yummy Chahan shio ramen.. The deal with ramen is that they only serve you with at least two or three slice of pork, in my terms, THAT'S NOT ENOUGH.. but the broth itself is so fragrant and flavorful that I don't mind eating only the ramen with the broth.. This one is in Medium size and it costs for 105k, while the small one is 95k.. (before tax).. 
This is the Aburi Charsiu.. Well, I was tricked by the fancy presentation. I thought it's going to sizzle in front of your face, but nope.. Below it is only a little unscented candle for decoration. It's quite pricey for these 4 slices of charsiu.. 45k before tax.. It has a hint of burnt smell, a bit bitter but if you love grilled dishes, then you're going to love this one..

The small bowl of Ramen will cost you 63k before tax. I think the price is worth it even though they only give you two slices of meat. The silver lining, so far this is the best ramen broth I have ever tasted.

Compared to Ikkousha Ramen, this one is more pricey for sure. But the broth has the perfect consistency. It's not too thick or too runny.. In my personal opinion, Ikkousha Ramen's broth is too densed and eating too much of it can make me feel full in not a good way.. The smell of their broths are different! I prefer Santouka in spite of the price and portion.. Yummy all the way to gooo!

Click HERE to visit their Facebook Page.. click HERE to visit their Japanese website 

Hokkaido Ramen Santouka
Plaza Indonesia Level 5 #E11, 
Jakarta, Indonesia
twitter @santoukaindo
Mon - Sun:11:00 am-10:00 pm


3 comments: